Today's sortie (Circuit 2) was like sh*t. This morning although the weather was very windy, but this time I can't blame on the bad weather again because such abnormal weather is normal to exist at this runway. So who to blame? Me of course.
First, during take-off run, my rotation speed was 75kts (which should be 65kts).
Second, during climbing turn into downwind 1000ft, my climbing speed was 85kts (which should be 75kts) and my spacing from the runway is too small. Although I corrected the error, but I was already at late downwind already, preparing to turn into base leg.
Third, before turning into base leg, I should check my airspeed before setting the flaps to Take-off position, which I again did not do so.
Fourth, during Final approach, I did not have good control of the power throttle to adjust the rate of descent. Maybe I should say that I was slow to react to what was happening to the aircraft. The runway was going up on the screen and I took a few seconds later to realize that "Oh shit, I have to increase the power now". So, I was going low (below 500 ft) on the approach and that was really not a good thing.
Finally, when I came for landing, I landed early before I could reach the threshold (the piano keys as marker). The subsequent landings after that, I managed to do, ermm, better, but still got a lot of room for improvement.
First, during take-off run, my rotation speed was 75kts (which should be 65kts).
Second, during climbing turn into downwind 1000ft, my climbing speed was 85kts (which should be 75kts) and my spacing from the runway is too small. Although I corrected the error, but I was already at late downwind already, preparing to turn into base leg.
Third, before turning into base leg, I should check my airspeed before setting the flaps to Take-off position, which I again did not do so.
Fourth, during Final approach, I did not have good control of the power throttle to adjust the rate of descent. Maybe I should say that I was slow to react to what was happening to the aircraft. The runway was going up on the screen and I took a few seconds later to realize that "Oh shit, I have to increase the power now". So, I was going low (below 500 ft) on the approach and that was really not a good thing.
Finally, when I came for landing, I landed early before I could reach the threshold (the piano keys as marker). The subsequent landings after that, I managed to do, ermm, better, but still got a lot of room for improvement.
My "aircraft simulation" will be completed after I memorize the emergency drills such as aborted take-off, EFATO, engine fire on ground/air, electrical fire on ground/air, etc. The aircraft has a checklist for the emergencies though. However, it is advisable for pilots, especially for newbies like us, to memorize the drills by heart because it will be much faster to perform the drills rather wasting time to flip through the pages. I personally feel that it is better to make the emergency drills become a habit and not just memorize for the sake of it.
This entry was posted
on Wednesday, February 13, 2008
and is filed under
PPL Flight Day
.
You can leave a response
and follow any responses to this entry through the
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.

0 comments