Rest Day  

Posted by y. 源

NO sortie today as we attended the graduation of Batch 8. Finally those seniors of mine graduated as they had been studying here for more than 2 years due to delays and lack of aircrafts and flying instructors! The actual duration for this course is actually maximum 20 months! Luckily when my batch entered here, the problem has been resolved and I hope my friends and I will be able to graduate in time!

Again, we were treated with free lunch at the hotel. Buffet style. Haha. I dare to say that most of us went for the graduation was not to attend the function, but to eat!

After lunch, we had our briefing about Circuit. Basically Circuit is about take-off,climb, make a 180 degree climbing turn, maintain 1000ft straight and level, then when abeam the runway's threshold, make a decending turn 180 degress and align with the center of runway to land. Not that easy as it sounds as we need to make RT call at certain height and also keep a lookout of other aircrafts and also know how to land safely.

There are mainly four types of landing:
1) Normal
2) Flapless
3) Glide
4) Crosswind

As I have mentioned before in previous post, landing is one of the most critical stage in flying. Honestly, until now it is always the instructor who will be there to guide and assist me side by side to land the aircraft. He has yet to teached me the technique to land the aircraft and I always follow through and feel the way he lands the plane.

Eyes: Scan the instruments and maintain runway's centreline.
Right Hand: Adjust power throttle to maintain suitable rate of descent
Left Hand: Adjust control stick to maintain correct and constant airspeed.
Feet: Adjust rudder to maintain aircraft in centreline and arrest yaw effect due to lower power / wind.

I have already clocked 7 hours and 30 minutes so far. Around 4 to 6 hours more and I will start flying solo (Circuit).



I am finding skins related to commercial aircraft or piloting. But this skin is the best so far. If anyone of you has any information regarding that, please sms/call/email me. Thank you.

This entry was posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments