Chap Goh Mei is over!  

Posted by y. 源

Tuesday was supposed to be my second Solo Check but it was cancelled because the Flight Ops staff missed out my name to be put into the Solo Check schedule. Wednesday and yesterday also did not get to fly because of weather and heavy traffic. So, I was quite fed up waiting and being delayed for so many days. I have been arranged to go for Solo Check today again at 1745hours. Now is 1330hours. I still have few hours to rest and blog here.

Yesterday night was Chap Goh Mei and my friends and I went to the town to watch the celebration after having Bak Kut Teh for dinner. First time I saw so many Chinese on this island gathered together. I had always been thinking that the Chinese here were facing extinction. And you know what, this place sure got many babes to see! The event was held at a huge car park, by the seaside, with a middle-sized stage at one end. There were a few food stalls nearby selling food and beverages. According to my friends, Chap Goh Mei is also known as Chinese Valentine's Day. Singles who wanna find their better halves can throw Mandarin oranges to the sea, in hoping their future life partners will be able to pick up their oranges and contact them. I wonder anyone succeeded using that method. I saw a stall which was selling Mandarin oranges, 1 buck per orange. Apparently the event organizers wanted to channel the profits from the oranges sold to fund the only two Chinese schools on this little island.

Anyway, there were various performances, such as acrobatics show by a renowned troupe from Beijing, Shaolin Kungfu by three Shaolin monks of course, CNY dances by primary school students, and of course the not-to-be-missed hot&spicy performance by 6 secondary school girls. Muahhahhahhaha. I sound like a pervert,eh? Oh yea, there were also two songs, a Malay song and a Mandarin song sang by a Chinese female singer. I dunno who she is, but I was told that she won the third place in some singing competition called Angkasapuri. Her voice is awesome, not many normal teenagers have that kinda voice. I am not saying she is abnormal. =P

I have a feeling that my Solo Check today gonna cancel again because when I walked to the airport just now, I noticed that there are two flights (MAS and Airasia) to depart to KL. One at 1750hours, one at 1800 hours. If both the planes are to depart punctually around my sortie time, there is a high chance that I will be delayed for at least 15minutes and the instructor will cancel my sortie.

This entry was posted on Friday, February 22, 2008 and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

1 comments

Anonymous  

u din call tat gal meh?
say tat 1 the mom cook 4 u wan...
haha...
good luck 4 ur test lo...
although it came late...