Flight Day 14  

Posted by y. 源

Today is the final sortie, called Circuit 4 that I went before I have to go for Solo Check. And guess what, I managed to get all the landings right!! =D

My hands were not stiff or tensed while holding the control stick. How the heck I did my magic? And my RT call was good. A few things that I did today:

1) Glide approach: maintain 75 knots, power idle. Sort of like to simulate a glide approach back to runway in case of engine failure.
2) EFATO: stands for Engine Failure After Take-off. Maintain speed 75 knots, trim, pick a clearing to land (paddy field is the best place)
, emergency fuel valve off, engine master off, all light switches off, call tower (if there is time); when landing is assured, put Flaps Landing and finally off Electric Master.
3) Low level: maintain altitude 500 ft in the circuit until final approach to land.

My EFATO drill was kinda sucks today because I had to do 4 times only got it correct. First try: airspeed to high. Second try: pick wrong place to land. Third try: Same problem.

Anyway, my instructor has cleared me for Solo Check, which is tomorrow!!!!!! I gonna fly with another instructor, that's the rule. I should be nervous right now, but surprisingly I am not. Who knows I gonna be nervous tomorrow right? By the way, after my Solo Check, I straightaway have to fly Solo! I didn't expect I have to fly Solo directly after Solo Check. Goodness. The instructor seems to have confidence in me eh? You don't even know whether I gonna pass or not in my Solo Check!

Solo Check is 1800 hours (45 minutes) and Solo flight is 1900 hours (15 minutes).

I am not gonna try my best.



I will do my best.

This entry was posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments